Alchemy is a science where one understands the structure of matter, breaks it down, then rebuild it. However is not an all-powerful technique, as one cannot create something out of nothing. If one wishes to gain something, one must present something of equal value. This is the concept of equivalent exchange, the fundamental basis of alchemy.
However, there is a taboo in alchemy. Human transmutation. One must not commit this act.
"Akihabara is considered by many to be an otaku cultural center and a shopping district for computer goods, video games, anime, and manga." http://goo.gl/6DD0
As you requested, we listed our 10 recommended activities when in Akihabara!
1. Visit a maid cafe (Our recommendations: Maidreamin or Popopure! Check out our Popopure Maid Cafe feature here:http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/popopure-maid-cafe-in-akihabara/)
2. Buy electronics from Yodobashi Camera (duty free!)
3. Buy interesting / unique stuff (souvenirs) from Donki / Don Quijote Akihabara ( http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/kigurumi-maid-and-cosplay-costumes-and-everything-ota-cute-in-don-quijote-akihabara-tokyo/)
4. Visit Gundam Cafe ( http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/gundam-cafe-at-akihabara-tokyo/)
5. Visit AKB48 Cafe and Shop
6. Visit Tokyo Anime Center (and fangirl over life-sized anime statues)
7. Buy toys and figures from Mandarake
8. Hoard gachapons
9. Visit Kanda Myojin Shrine - world’s geekiest temple according to http://goo.gl/I5mpd5
10. Shop at Cospa Gee Store Akihabara!
There are so many other things an otaku-at-heart can do in Akihabara, so if you can recommend more activities, please comment away! ^3^
Art by littlemisspaintbrush ♥